We've all seen DVD's, read books, and gone to conferences in-person, but if you're anything like me, you prefer to be shown how to do things in person.
I'm offering tutoring that is dedicated to any level of astro-imager who wants to accelerate their learning curve, through hardware and camera setup, image acquisition, initial processing, and image finalization in Photoshop. The format would be a dedicated evening, say 2-3 hours. By using remote access facilities, we would collaborate on one system, either yours or mine.
Topics could include:
- Initial image processing with CCDStack, MaxIM
- Deconvolution and DDP
- Other tools like Registar, Tria, FocusMagic
- The myriad possible techniques in Adobe Photoshop; Data optimization, advanced selections and layers, sharpening (Smart Sharpen, Unsharp Masking, "True" Unsharp Masking, Multi-layer High Pass Sharpening), Color balancing and adjustments, gradient control, and mosaics
- Image acquisition and guiding techniques with MaxIM or CCDSoft
- Automation approaches with CCDCommander or CCDAP
- Mount alignment with T-Point or PoleAlignMax
- Use of FocusMax
Individual bookings are $25/hour. Blocks of 5 hours or more may be purchased for $100, or $20/hour. If you have any interest, just drop me a note at neilfleming at hotmail dot com.